04. Salud y Nutrición
Nutritional characteristics of nuts
In an era in which all products are being questioned about whether they are as beneficial as expected or about the calories they provide to the body, it should be emphasized that nuts are a very healthy product.
The many qualities of these natural products, which do not undergo any chemical processes, are guaranteed. Among the nutritional characteristics of nuts are included:
- High content of mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Low content of saturated fatty acids.
- They contain easily absorbed minerals such as potassium,
calcium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium.
- High vitamin A content. They possess variable quantities of
thiamine, riboflavin and niacin
- They are rich in insoluble fibre, iron, calcium, magnesium, folic
acid, vitamins E and B1.
- They also contain phytosterols and other beneficial
Given its high nutritional value
- They are a good alternative to animal proteins.
- They can be included in breakfast - added to cereal- or in other meals - to complement pasta and vegetable or fruit salads.
- A consumption of 3 to 7 portions of nuts a week is recommended, taking into account that a portion consists of 20 to 30 grams of nuts.
Carretera de Gandía, s/n
46780 Oliva (Valencia)
2013 Copyright FRUMESA S.L.